Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lesson 2 2015
Chilton Online Auto Repair

Advanced Discovery Exercise
1. Your neighbor needs to replace the steering wheel on his 1982 Jeep Cherokee. He thinks he can do it himself, but he’d like to see some videos before he gets started. How can you help him?  I'd send him to the Chilton Library where he can look up the year, make and model of his vehicle. Then he can go to "steering" then "steering wheel removal and installation." This will not only give him videos, but animations and tech tips.


2. What is the Transmission transaxle part name/number for a 1989 Geo Prizm with 3 speed automatic transmission? Now if I found this correctly I believe the part name/number is A131L, which is a transaxle for a 3-speed automatic. I also found a nice diagram under transaxel identification which shows you where to find the automatic transaxle identification number.
 
Mango
Advanced Discovery Exercise
1. A Christian seminary student is struggling to learn the languages of Old and New Testament times. What would you show this student to help?  I would show this student the Mango library and then see what the student is looking for. I went to Biblical Hebrew to start with. It was a very interesting lesson. I don't think I'd ever be able to learn it, but it was interesting to listen to him reading and how the English words changed into the Hebrew.
 
Tumblebook Library
Advanced Discovery Exercise
1. Alex, a 3rd grader, has read every mystery in the library. Use TumblebookLibrary to find titles Alex hasn't read. Describe the process and your recommendations in your blog posting. I put in the word mystery in the search enginge so I could show Alex the different books that were available to him. My recommendation for Alex would be Private I. Guana. It looks like a great book, is in his reading level and has a video to go along with it.
2. You are preparing for a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) story time for school-age kids, connecting a fiction book with a science activity. You would like to offer some ebooks as enrichment. What TumblebookLibrary fiction books would you recommend? The first book I'd recommend would be Science which is a collection of three books: Gotcha, A Moldy Mystery and Our Seasons. Another cute book is Dinosaurs Roar, Butterflies Soar as well as Don't Squash That Bug.
 

1 comment:

  1. You would have some satisfied customers with these answers, Ann. Note that Mango offers Biblical Hebrew, Greek and Latin, which would cover most of the religion studies' languages. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete