Monday, March 17, 2014

Lesson 10 Wrap up.

I have really enjoyed the library challenge. I didn't know that there were so many things available on the web for people to access. I will definitely use the genealogy resources the most. I already use Ancestry.com, but I found more things I can do with it through this challenge. I know I'll continue to look at the lessons in Heritage Quest. They have some great lessons for people wanting to know more about genealogy and how to use tools available to them. I'm also going to use Sanborn Maps to put pictures into my ancestors' profiles that show the time and the place where they lived.

I've been telling the people I work with about the challenges each week and what I've explored. I'm going to continue to do so and to keep my ears open in case someone is looking for something or needing information and I can say, "Have you tried....." This has been such a fun, learning experience. Thank you Jane and Julie.

2 comments:

  1. I have the K-6 grade students here for library skills classes and we cover the databases during the whole month of January, they do a scavenger hunt(paper and pencil) and then choose two of the databases to report on; I also go to the classrooms (sometimes) and help students work on a project/assignment. Public patrons email me for requests or I share with them when they are at the library. I plan of placing an article in our local paper and offer classes in the evenings that are one-to-one instruction for individuals to explore at their own pace. I agree that if I had not taken this class, I probably would not have taken the time to explore in more depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great discoveries!! I love the idea to use Sanborn Maps in genealogy to show where people lived. What a great way to expand the genealogy family story for future generations.
    Thank you for your work on the Challenge! I've enjoyed reading your posts each week,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete