Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week Three of the Challenge.

This week I'm learning about something called Learning Express Library. This will be another new experience for me and I'm excited to find out what it's about.

I set up my account and started with Adult Learning. I decided I needed some math tutorials, boy was I right. Yikes – It looks like I need to go back to relearn fourth grade math. Since I did so poorly I started a lesson and liked the explanation and the quick response to my answers (which were correct, so I am teachableJ).

 In exploring the Job Search and Workplace Skills learning center I was happily surprised to find there are a number of courses available as well as ways to prepare for different exams. I think this is a valuable tool for someone looking for a career or changing careers.

I chose to browse through green careers. I never thought about “green” careers before. This was interesting to see everything from how to build a green resume to networking and  even green conferences. There is a lot of good information in the Learning Express Library. I’m glad I had the chance to explore what’s available.




2 comments:

  1. Great discoveries this week! Learning Express is a great tool and has application for many different levels. The resume and cover letter courses are popular since you create a resume or cover letter as you take the course. And Learning Express Library has the new GED practice exams. Thank you for your post. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This class is giving us the opportunity to explore and making us discover - then when we know the product better, we can PR to our patrons.

    ReplyDelete